The LessLoss DAC 2004 MkII features the following main design attributes:
- Distortionless Volume Control Option Available
- Parallel multibit converters, not the inferior sigma/delta type.
- Hybrid power supply: two rechargeable batteries in balanced configuration, independent filtered power for digital.
- Two galvanically isolated grounds, one for digital, one for audio.
- Unrivalled, non-traditional ultra-low-jitter oscillator with superclock (256F) output.
- 192 kHz sampling rate supported.
- Built in automatic battery charger.
- Over 400 Parts, all top of their class.
- Unusual handcrafted topology.
- Practically immeasurable cross-talk between components.
- Jitter suppression via multi-staged(*) synchronous re-clocking.
- Separately filtered and regulated power supplies to each individual power leg of each microchip.
- 4.5 cm signal path from analogue signal source to external audio jack via solid silver conductors.
- Laser-engraved stainless steel and aluminum housing.
- Faceplate available in black or silver.
- Introductory Price: 2995 Euros, at your doorstep.
What the DAC 2004 most definitely is:
- Completely handmade, hand-soldered, hand-assembled, tested, and personally cared for.
- An almost completely non-distorting masterpiece of sound electrical engineering.
- The best our knowledge allows us to create.
- Extremely underpriced as a method of marketing without running high debt.
What the DAC 2004 most definitely is NOT:
- A trendy and well-marketed piece of average quality audio gear.
- Distributed through distributors and resellers, raising the price.